Pages

Monday 2 February 2015

Warli Wall Deco

When we shifted to our new home, we had to buy new items like washing machine, fridge, etc to get started. I had saved up the large packaging materials of polystyrene (thermocol) for later use. The material that came up with the washing machine was quite big and looked good. 

In after Christmas sales, I bought disposable table cloth at throwaway prices. I pasted it on top of the polystyrene sheet to make it look even. But this created a problem, The table cloth was not suitable for painting! So I took some cereal box cardboard and drew the Warli pictures on them, cut them out and painted them with two coats of metallic color.

I used a combination of string art and Warli cutouts to create this wall decor. This work was much appreciated and also won first place in my son's school for recycling project.


No comments:

Post a Comment