Pages

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Kid's Collage 2

Its those times when kids have holidays and no one to play with and to make things more worse, you are left alone with them for extended periods of time. What do you do to keep them engaged so that you can complete your household work before playing with them? Its just that little extra time you need.
When my kid was young, I used this trick to keep him engaged. It not only helped pass time but also helped him improve his creativity. All I did was very simple. I took some colorful papers and cut different shapes out of them like triangles, circles, small strips, thick and thin strips, etc. Gave him one A4 plain sheet of paper with a glue stick and asked him to create designs using those paper clips. He could create anything real or imaginary limited only to his imagination. You never know what they may create...We may stumble upon some master artist...

This is what my son came up with during one such session.




I used his talent and coaxed him into creating one very beautiful collage with a combination of plain paper cuttings and magazine cuttings. This time he imagined the picture and asked for images. He also did use the scraps lying around. I had to make him do it a few times before I was satisfied. I sent this creation to a competition held by Ryan Global School, Mumbai and guess what, his creation won the first prize for kid's under 5!


The first image won the prize. But we did not get the art back. So we had create another one on similar lines to display in his school.

No comments:

Post a Comment