Pages

Sunday 22 February 2015

Broken CD - Beautiful Vase

I have tons of CDs which no longer work or are useless. But I don't like to throw them. That shiny surface always holds me back when I want to put them in the bin. So here's what I did with them when my olive oil got over and I had a beautiful green bottle at my disposal.

Step 1: With pliers remove the rings that are surround the rim of the bottle and any other unwanted parts.

Step 2: Thoroughly clean the bottle and the CDs (of course without damaging the shiny surface) to get rid of any dirt or oil. They dry them well.

Step 3: wrap the CDs in a cloth and use a hammer to break them. I used two CDs. The cloth will prevent the pieces from flying and collect in the cloth.

Step 4: Smear one side of the bottle with glue.(I had a square shaped bottle. You can do part by part on a round bottle so the glue does not dry out. Use a strong glue for a lasting product.)

Step 5: Now choose the pieces of broken CD and place them on the glue with shiny side up in a mosaic form. You can play with shapes and sizes so they look different and individual.

Step 6: Keep them to dry and make sure the pieces stay where you have glued them.(keep the bottle on it's side to prevent the mosaic from slide off,out of pattern.

Step 7: Wipe your bottle with a soft cloth to remove any glue sitting on top of the CD pieces and bring back the shine of your bottle.

Step 8: With a ribbon or a thread cover the rim so the groves in the bottle are covered.

Step 9: Place a nice bouquet in the bottle.

Step 10: Admire your creation, your very own CD bottle.

These bottles are easy to make, hardly cost any money and will keep your house nice and beautiful.Why not try some other things that you should keep in like a tiny light or a candle? or maybe change the shape of your container!

No comments:

Post a Comment