Pages

Thursday 10 December 2015

Wall Decor

When Christmas arrives, though it brings festivity and cheer all around, it also brings expenses in the form of gifts. So over next few days, I thought I will share some of my festive ideas that not only look good and elegant but also save some hard earned cash.
The below wall decor was made as a present. It turned out so well that you could not identify what it was made of even after holding it in your hands!

The frame was completely made of newspaper rolls. I had four thick and long rolls of news paper and another slightly smaller and thinner ones.

These were then given one layer of white paper coating so that the paint looked good. This final paper was glued very neatly to give a smooth finish. Then all of them were painted in metallic brown.

Once everything was dry, I arranged them in the fashion pictured and glued them in place. Then I tied white string at the joints to give an antique look.  The hanging loop is also made of the same string.

My son then made a Warli painting on a piece of paper as per the small central space and we stuck it in place to complete the wall decor.

The frame was very strong and lasted for years!

This can be an ideal gift for art lovers.

                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment