Pages

Monday 1 June 2015

Handmade vehicles...

How does it feel when you lose a competition? Not just lose, but lose very badly and that too to when your opponent is a kid! I felt very happy:-) Yes. I am not lying...

Yesterday was the last day of half term holidays for school and the weather was very bad. So no chance of going out to play. Board games - very bored. TV - A big NO NO. So my son came up with a brilliant idea. He took out some materials like ice lolly sticks, rubber bands, wooden skewers, etc and challenged me to build a working vehicle.

At once, we both set to work. I cut out five wheels from cardboard and started assembling them (With some small tips from my son!) I almost completed my vehicle and the last stage was to fix the rubber bands. After 3 failed trials of trying to stick the rubber bands to the wooden spoke, he told me that rubber bands don't stick with hot glue:-( With great difficulty, I attached the rubber bands and here is my vehicle which moved about 2 cms on its own!
Working hard!
My Creation

On the other hand, Shreyas' vehicle turned out to be so successful that it could go over hurdles without stopping and could cover almost 20 times the distance than mine. He used the same rubber band principle but in a different way. Kudos to you Shreyas. Well Done and I am happy to lose to you always but only after giving you a tough competition.
Winning model
.

No comments:

Post a Comment